Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FASHION ART (PART 3)




  • My PHOENIX maxidress: $15 buffalo exchange. Once again, late on the bandwagon, but I've recently discovered the joys of maxi-dresses. I feel like a goddess. HAHA
  • Zipper necklace: $1 venice beach, i love this thing too bad you can't see it.
So I was randomly at Venice Beach walking around in this and one of the street artists yelled at me. "Girl in the fire dress!" I turn around to see a semi-clean bum/artist. "I like you're dress! It looks like my paintings. Come look!" I give him a thumbs up. I like encouraging artists to do what they're passionate about.

This pass weekend has been simply awesome. Starting Thursday, it not only meant the beginning of a weekend but I got to meet Joyce Azria and Lubov Azria the creative directors of BCBGeneration and BCBG! Super exciting. I got free dresses while I was at it and snapped by thecobrasnake.

The weekend was even more exciting as my roomies and I went off to Las Vegas to celebrate the the baby roomie's 21st birthday!

The clubs were so nice even though expensive. I realize the advantages of being a girl now. I'm not so sure if I really want to be a man anymore. I'm way too cheap to go that route. Which is a shame because I'm sure I would make a terrific man.

I got to wear my fancy dresses and dazzle (hehe, just for you dazzle!) it up with sparkly makeup. The thing I love about Vegas is that you can really go all out when dressing up because seriously, people don't really care.

I did gamble. I lost $2 and I was very heartbroken. I could have found a neatest vintage dress with that 2 bucks but now it's gone forever in the money pits of Caesar's Palace.





It's surreal to be back. In general, vegas is such a surreal place. I've been to Paris, Rome, New York all in one night. Plus an igloo as I felt myself being the real life Eskimo at the Icebar.

So it's back to school. Lately I've been loving big hair. Witness my moments of self-obsession with these webcam pics. So MySpace no?















I recently got really into Japanese Fashion magazines thanks to my dazzle and I saw this super awesome hairstyle that I just loved loved loved on Tomotomo that I had to try copying it. Basically I want to be like Hermione Granger to the extreme and asian. I've been trying to curl my hair and then tease it to get the poof but it never lasts the way I want it to look past five minutes. How sad.






I should read now. So distracted by online shopping and misadventures.












  • t-shirt dress: $6, LF Warehouse sale
  • thick sock tights: 2 euros, Milan
  • green pea coat: mom didn't want it.
  • my new favorite boots: $35, LF warehouse sale
  • Pashmina: 5 euros, Milan
  • Belt: funk master-t's mom didn't want it.
  • Bag: friend didn't want it.
  • Floral ears: $3, F21
  • Blue eyes: 300 RMB, Dalian-China
  • Going to the bathroom: 25 cents.


The clothes at Sophistix are a mix of trendy and classic. Perhaps trendy + classic = sophisticated? Fashion and math should merge someday and then I can be the ultimate fashion nerd. I went back to the site to look at some of their newer merchandise. Not everything on the site is particularly my style but I sifting through the images I've found delightful number of pieces that would be a great addition to my (your) wardrobe. Actually, lets stick with your wardrobe because my wardrobe is like a damaged liver to an alcoholic. Too much clothes reside in my wardrobe at the moment that I finally have to admit that I, Lala, do indeed have a shopping problem.

Camille Blouse - $17.14
Although summer time isn't quite here yet (the weather in socal right now however likes to trick us into thinking it is), this top would be such a lovely addition to match things with - tucked in with a skirt or paired with some denim shorts and a nice floppy hat. Take me to the beach now!!!

Zip-Front Tulip Dress - $27.85
I also love this dress because a) I like zippers and b) I like animal prints. The silhouette is very cute and this dress can is very versatile for all seasons.

aaaa





a major source of inspiration of how one lives ones life.

Too a Very Talented Actress.

Photographer: Raymond Meier
Stylist: Tiina Laakkonen
Sittings Editor: Linda Portman Sagum
Model: Tilda Swinton
Source: The New York Times Magazine and its T Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

malikimrana1@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Labels