Friday, March 5, 2010

Lace on Lace

Lace on lace is probably a little bit excessive and over the top. But it seemed like a romantic choice to wear to a wedding I had to go to yesterday. Or at least it was my first choice till I changed my mind and swapped the lacy tights for my little hearts one, managing to cause quite a sizable rip in the hearts tights along the process. I'm still quite sad about the whole incident really. I hope my sweet bf would read this and buy me another pair because it really was my most favourite pair. And the worst part is I can never find it anywhere here!

Has any of your favourite items experienced a similar fate like mine?

Today is the last day of Chinese New Year or Chap Goh Mei as they call it and it's also the equivalent of Chinese Valentine's day. It is the day where young unmarried women gather to toss tangerines into the sea, in a hope that their future spouse will pick it up. Well, my family and I went to the Pavilion Mall this afternoon and they were having some programs to celebrate Chap Goh Mei. In this modern-day scenario and due to there being no river or sea nearby, we were asked to write a love note that was tied to a tangerine and then to toss it up the (fake) cherry blossom trees outside the mall. It was the first time I did something like this and it was really fun. And to top it all off, we participated in a lucky draw and yours truly actually won a $100 dining voucher at the Carat Club. Wow, I can't imagine my number was picked from a total of 500 at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment

malikimrana1@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Labels