Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A NEW LOOK OF STYLE (PART 4)

I wish I had the time to take proper outfit shots as I changed into the skirt at once! I am on the other hand packing as I am leaving for Stockholm tomorrow. I always get so stressed out when I am going somewhere even though I usually always have everything under control. Better shots to come though - I have a feeling I will be wearing this skirt a lot!
with hearts in my eyes
with hearts in my eyes


Being indoors cooking is no fun when the weather is nice, so the solution is to make tuna sandwiches and run outdoors to eat and have a beer.
maxi skirt
details
details

We went out with my sister for dinner and I have now officially spent way too much money. After being out and about the entire weekend, I am not only broke, I am exhausted as well. But it´s been fun!
strapless dress t-shirt
bench
agathe walk sun
Dress: Secondhand
T-shirt: American Apparel
Scarf: Secondhand
Jacket: Zara
Shades: Secondhand
Bag: Secondhand
Boots: Secondhand
We went to the Ekeberg restaurant to have lunch. It´s the first time I´ve ever been there and the view was incredible!
agathe red car
ekebergrestauranten
stairway
agathe restaurant
clams white wine
agathe
62.jpg
kristoffer
agathe view
Skirt: Secondhand
Leotard: American Apparel
Trench: H&M
Scarf: My grandmother´s
Shades: Secondhand
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs
I got changed for the evening into a dress I bought today. I decided to tuck it into a skirt and wear it as a top instead.
lightning bolt
skirt
Skirt: Secondhand
Dress worn as a top: Secondhand
Another sunny day and another afternoon spent in the backyard. I went shopping this morning, as usual, and ended up with these gladiator heels among other things.
maxi dress
coffee
gladiator shoes heels sandals
molvin the pig
agathe
kristoffer molvin
Dress: H&M
Bangles: Secondhand, H&M and gifts.
Jacket: Zara
Shoes: Secondhand
We had our first dinner in the backyard today while Molvin got to know the cat next door. I was thrilled to finally be able to wear my new dress, even though it was a bit chilly without a jacket.
maxi dress
dress sun
dress leather jacket
Dress: H&M
Jacket: Zara
Earrings: H&M
Shoes: Zara
Today is a day for detox at our house and has mostly been spent in the bedroom. It started with getting the biggest mirror in the world. At least it´s huge. I was so tired of squatting down check out my outfits in the mirror of the vanity and figured it was about time to get a proper one. And this is with no doubt a proper mirror. I almost couldn´t sleep last night cause I was so excited of bringing it home today and since we finally got it I have barely left the room.
chandeleir mirror
mirror vanity
For a proper detox day, facial masks and lotions are a must. Today´s attire is all about comfort and I am wearing a vintage slip and woolen socks.
vintage slip socks
Healthy food is included, with avocado soup as a starter…
avocado soup
…a Kurdish stew with lots of vegetables and ayran to drink…
kurdish stew
…and fruits and more of it for desert.
fruit
While the facial mask does it´s wonders I can admire the figurines I have started to collect for a future nursery.
figurines
And when the day comes to an end and I am all cleansed I can go to bed and dream sweet dreams right next to our very kitschy lamp.
dog lamp bed

I collected the very last of my coins and got an issue of British Vogue. Somehow it makes more sense to spend my money on something fun rather than food. Anyway, flipping through the magazine on my way back home made me realize how much I´d like to get my hands on more prints. It´s just so much easier to mix and match when you have a little to choose from. Even printed socks feels like a must.
british vogue
british vogue
The socks are available at MyTights and I will place an order as soon as I get my paycheck.
plaid print

The weather report said it was going to be sunny today so I had planned to finally wear one of my new maxi dresses, but I guess they were wrong. Since the back of the dress is cut really low, it´s not really suited for cold weather and a warm coat is highly necessary.
gray maxi dress fur coat
back of dress
peace and love
Dress: H&M
Coat: Secondhand
Shoes: Zara
I had to change clothes to go see the fireworks as it was impossible to tuck the huge sleeves on my dress in under a coat. So I went with the boots and sweater I got today, the sweater that turned out to be long enough to wear as a dress. The fireworks were spectacular! Afterwards we went out for a few beers at a trashy pub and ended the evening with a big mac at McDonalds. Not as glamorous as the start of the evening, but still great.
gold sweater
boots
fireworks
fireworks
Dress: Secondhand
Tights: Gina Tricot
Boots: Secondhand
Just a few snapshots of what I was wearing for a coffee in the backyard. It´s finally starting to get warmer, but I am sad to discover that the bangs tend to get a little in the way of shades…
shades fur coat
outfit
shoes
Dress: Gina Tricot
Coat: Secondhand
Scarf: Secondhand
Shades: Secondhand
Spectacle chains: Self made
Tights: Secondhand
Shoes: Zara
I got an ugly prom dress secondhand today as I liked the color and the ruffles at the bottom. I thought I could use it to make a skirt. An elderly lady in the shop obviously didn´t think it was as ugly as I did as she shoutet at me “Oh, you got that dress? I´m so happy! I looked at it and thought that I would have gotten it if I was young!”.
Then I got home and cut it to pieces. I am extremely impatient when it comes to these things. I hate using pins and measuring stuff, so I just took a plunge and hoped for the best. The sewing machine was giving me a hard time and the fabric was hell sewing, so I got really annoyed. My husband came over and asked “How´s it going my little flower?”. Now I was the one shouting “Shut up! Please go away!”.
Silly me forgot to take before shots of the dress, but the skirt didn´t turn out at all too bad in the end. A little ruffle for the ruffle crazy.
diy skirt
diy skirt
The dress was originally so big it kept falling down despite the sleeves. It had a drop waist ruffle hem. I cut the skirt off, hoisted it up, ruched it together in the back and added a zipper.

I can´t get my mind off ruffles.
john galliano giles
Sweet and innocent from John Galliano og Giles.
givenchy
With a twist from D&G and Givenchy.
british elle magazine
Magazine clippings from British Elle.
sisley
Dress from Sisley I wouldn´t mind having for myself.
I´m going all black today. I guess the weather is still getting to me. Instead of colors I am wearing a set of rings that mean a lot to me. The big flower ring is one that was given to my mom by her parents, that my mom gave to me, and that I will give to my future daughter someday. The ring with the ruby is the engagement ring that my dad gave my mom. And of course my wedding ring. The rest are just from various high street shops. Now I am off to H&M to track down a dress that I want. I am also planning on getting a dark red lipstick, like my nail polish. I wear so much lipstick these days that I need some variation.
black dress
rings
Dress: Secondhand
Bag: Vintage
Tuxedo belt: Secondhand
Rings: Various gifts and shops
I´ve been planning to do some tie dyeing for like forever after discovering just how hard it is to find something nice of the sort in shops, but I kept forgetting to buy something to dye. So today I decided it was about time to do something about it. I had a look through my closet to find something, just to test it out at least. I found an H&M tank that I recently got without trying. It looked so nice in the shop, but when I got home I discovered that it was see-through at the same time that you couldn´t wear a bra underneath it because of the cut. I meant to return it but never did. It would have to do.
While tying the knots on the tank I felt quite lost as for what I was doing. Suddenly I didn´t know which side was which anymore so I just tied my little knots wherever there was room. The other part was the actual dyeing, problem being that the instructions were in German, and my German is a little rusty. I didn´t even understand the name of the color, it just looked like something dark, almost black something. It turned out pretty well in the end though I think, and after stretching, it´s almost long enough to wear as a dress.
tie dye tank top
I have been trying to make my husband get used to the idea of tie dye since we met more than a year ago. He was still pretty iffy on it, but agreed to dye a stained white t-shirt he had lying around. Didn´t turn out to bad that one either. If he doesn´t wear it, I´ll snatch it for myself.
tie dye tee
I also have a ton of slips and half slips around, so I decided to give a skirt ago as well. In this one you can really tell how lost I was when it came to tying the knots. On one side there are just random circles here and there, while on the other side, there´s one big circle. I´m not sure what my original idea was anyway, wear my half slip as a skirt? It might work, but would feel very 1990´s as that´s probably the last time I did that. Not to mention also the last time I wore anything tie dye.
tie dye half slip skirt
The top I like and ended up wearing at the end of the day.
outfit tie dye top
tie dye top

It was nearly spring, all of a sudden it´s winter, and I feel like I´m stuck indoors with nothing better to do than playing around with clothes. It makes me want to dress a little more dramatic than usual. Sorry about the cigarette, the holder has been lying around since the 20´s party, and it´s too tempting not to play around with it.
outfit

This is what I wore to the dinner party yesterday. The weather is unpredictable and I ended up walking home in the snow wearing these heels.
blue dress

It´s a little funny that in the middle of my vintage lingerie hunt this fashion spread should pop up in the very magazine I am featured in. In Amica you can see this lingerie, some of which looks really, really old while in fact it´s brand new. It seems like you can get the right vintage feel at Triumph, La Perla and several others. You don´t have to roam thrift shops and you don´t have to worry about who might have worn it before you got to it. The downside is that the really good stuff is still pricey. Lets hope the high street shops catches on.
amica retro lingerie la perla
retro lingerie amica triumph la perla

Several of you have asked what kind of make-up I wear, so here it is. Not all of this is in my daily routine as I usually don´t bother with foundation and all of that. On a busy day I´ll only wear concealer, pressed powder, mascara, a light eye shadow and blush. If I´m going all out, this is it.
makeup
Estée Lauder Spotlight skin tone perfector (base before foundation), Estée Lauder Individualist foundation, YSL compact powder, YSL touche éclat (concealer), Sebastian eye brow trio, Chanel powder blush in Sphère (I´d like a different color), Lancôme Hypnôse mascara, Lancôme Liner design (eye liner), Shu Uemura lash curler, old Body Shop blush brush, Sephora eye shadow brushes, MAC eye shadows in girlie satin, smut velvet and shroom satin, Chanel lipstick in barcelona red, Clinique superbalm lipgloss and nail polish, often either Chanel or Nubar.
All of these are products I am very pleased with and that I have ended up with after a lot of testing so I can happily recommend every single thing in here. What I would like to find is the perfect mascara (there´s always something wrong with them), the perfect color blush and more eye shadow colors (I tend to only wear pink, brownish grey and black).
I love traveling by train.
gates
waiting for the train
outfit
Suit: H&M
Sweater: H&M
Hat case: Secondhand
Hat: H&M
Stockings: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Unisa

outfit
make-up

Leaving Oslo always means going thrift shopping. Things are so much cheaper only an hour outside of the city and people here don´t seem to care for the same things I do. I didn´t find that much this time though, I will post what I found in a little while, but I did find a bunch of great old cars.
car outfit
fringe boots car
car tires

Jeans:
Cheap Monday (That I now have spilled coffee all over.)
T-shirt: Secondhand
Leather vest: Secondhand
Scarf: Secondhand
Boots: Secondhand
Just a few shots from the 20´s party. It was so much fun seeing people making such an efford dressing up!
party
party
party
party
party

No comments:

Post a Comment

malikimrana1@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Labels