Friday, December 25, 2009

'Finished' Robe a la Francaise: Lady Anne Darcy's wedding dress

Here are images of the next variant of Lady Anne Darcy's wedding dress. I added large 'poofed' trim to the skirt, and wore it to the second talk at Expressions on Thursday.

Photobucket
Julia of the perfect Victorian figure introduces me

Photobucket
Talking about the black skirt that was made to go with the 1907 wedding gown as 'best' wear.

Photobucket
The 1920s metal lace gown. Yummy!

Photobucket
1950s and 60s gowns. I use my hands a lot when I talk!

Photobucket
I love the way I'm doing something in this photo, but it still manages to capture the details of the cartridge pleating on the sleeve, box pleats on my back, and fan pleats over the skirt.

Photobucket
More details of the pleating on my sleeves.

The audience was so interested in the outfit that I even unfastened the front of the dress to show my stays and petticoat beneath:

Photobucket
Oooooh, naughty!

I'm adding more bits and finishing details to the trim of the dress. I probably will wear it again in Feb or March. Too many pretty dresses, not enough events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

malikimrana1@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Labels